May be, Yes. How, When & Why?
A long way (years) to go but it is possible. HOW, WHEN?
Dr. Ramanlal P. Patel
Address for correspondence:
Dr. Ramanlal P. Patel,
Dr. R. P. Patel Institute for Research & Education in Homoeopathy.
First let us know, what Dr. Hahnemann wrote about Homoeopathy.
“Thus homoeopathy is a perfectly simple system of medicine, remaining always fixed in its principles as in its practice, which, like the doctrine whereon it is based, if rightly apprehended will be found to be complete (and therefore serviceable)”. (Organon of Medicine, 6th edition, Preface P.19; 1842). How is it, “a perfectly simple system of medicine (and therefore serviceable)”? Was it in 1842?
Hahnemann also wrote in Organon of Medicine, Para.2. “On easily comprehensible principles”. What were/are the comprehensible principles and doctrines? They were/are;
(A) Basic/Fundamental principles were/are as follows;
- The Law of Similars; “Similia Similibus Curentur” (1, 80, 87, 91).
- Drug Proving (H.P.T.). (1, Para.105). It has discovered the Law of Similars.
- The Single medicine or simplex or monopharmacy (1, Para. 273, 274).
- Minimum dose or infinitesimal dose (1, Para.272, and in water solution and given as/in split doses).
(B) Doctrines were/are as follows (which were/are developed as Homoeopathy is/was developed/grew, one to make it complete (and therefore serviceable).
- Drug Dynamization or Potentisation (1, Para. 270).
- The doctrine of Vital force/energy (of the principle of Life), (1, Para.10, 29).
- The Totality of Symptoms (1,Para. 16, 18).
- Homoeopathic Law of nature of cure (1, Para. 26).
- Individualisation (1, p.35, and footnote 2).
- Chronic Miasms (1, Para. 79, 80, 81, 206).
- The Law of direction of cure (2, Hahnemann, gives several examples totaling 97, in/on pages 18, 19, 20 onwards to many pages in their footnotes about suppression of itch, chancre and figwarts (sycotic) by ointments or cauterizing etc., and their secondary symptoms of miasms and when skin eruptions come back on the same spot or anywhere on the body after rightly selected medicine given to the patient(s) and the patient(s) were/are gradually cured after appearance of skin symptoms, it means recent symptoms should go first and old Primary (skin) symptoms go last i.e. cure takes place from within outwards or in reverse order followed by return to healthy state (2, p.135). This is the most important observation made by Hahnemann for chronic diseases to cure them – Miasmatic ones. (2, Chronic diseases, p. 135). Later this observation was/is known as “Hering’s Law of Cure”. It was/is Dr. Hering who also noticed these observations in chronic diseases by giving antipsoric medicine. In acute disease condition, first mind symptoms are better (1, Para. 253).